Friday, July 14, 2017

Let's Get Planning: School Year Goals

Linking up with Kelly on a dark and rainy Friday.



1
It's time to start planning, not that I ever really stop.  I have most of my curriculum picked out and will be posting it soon.  I thought I would just outline some goals because it helps me, too.

2
The kids are growing SO quickly!  It hit me hard a couple of months ago when I realized that Cowgirl only has 4-5 years left of schooling.  I feel like I have mountains of material we still need to cover.  More than that, though, is the realization that time is slipping away and we are too busy to even take advantage of it.  So, goal one is to be more present and take time to do the type of things that build memories not just complete checks on the to do list.  I'm still working on what this will look like but I want a weekly time to just have fun as a family.

3
Going along with number one, I am scaling back my planning and taking the less is more approach.  I really overplanned last year and fell flat with pregnancy, and a new colicky baby.  We are catching up on some things this summer but my second goal is more realistic goals.

4
We have been taking family walks a few times a week and it has been so nice.  I hope to continue this as long as the weather allows then find another way to exercise as a family through the winter.

5
To get all this done and not just push it off, I need to come up with a schedule and stick to it.  We have always had a rough schedule but need a more rigid and detailed one now.  We need to set a time for everything so it gets accomplished. Also, with a business and a part-time work from home job, I need a work schedule so I accomplish my tasks but also so that my work doesn't take over the day.

6
To help with balance, we are going to be using bullet journals each day to keep up with what has to get done. As the children are getting older, yearly plans aren't enough to keep us on task.  The organization will do us good, too.

7
Lastly, I have decided that on top of doing meal planning for dinner, I am planning for breakfast and lunch.  We spent entirely too much time figuring out what to serve each meal.  To fit in all the above, we need to reclaim the aimless minutes of choosing what to eat.  It will also ensure we are eating more balanced meals.

How is your planning going?

No comments:

Post a Comment