Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pretty-Happy-Funny-Real Thanksgiving and Advent Edition

This is a two week edition, since Thanksgiving was last week. I'm linking up with Auntie Leila, hop over there for more posts fills of contentment.

Pretty
It was a white Thanksgiving, and although I am not a snow lover, I must say, the scenery was breathtaking. These pictures don't do it justice. It truly was a winter wonderland. The lake had not frozen yet, and the gentle flow of the water under the snow laden trees was postcard perfect.



Happy
The children and I visited our wonderful aunt for a day of crafts. As I mentioned before, they are working a booth at a craft fair this Saturday.  Cowgirl is selling barrettes, ornament key chains, bracelets, fancy bobbie pins, and some little fairy figurines.  Buddy is selling lego mini fig head jars, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ornaments. At our aunt's, we finished the Lego jars and many, many clips. The children were happy to get their inventory stocked up and have a visit.  Look at all these clips! It was a happy, but tiring day.





Funny
Back to Thanksgiving, for a twist, our cousin decided to replace her kitchen table (which was moved to the dining room for a "kids' table") with the knock hockey table from the basement. All of the kids had fun with it, all day. One, especially amusing, game they developed was putting the babies on the hockey rink and having them knock the pucks around. I'm not sure if the big kids or the babies found it funnier.



Real
Buddy is super excitable and Christmas is the apex of excitement for him. As soon as Advent began, his energy level shot through the roof! I tested my brother in law on Monday to let him know that Buddy was up at 6:30 am to open up the first door of the Lego Advent calendar brother-in-law had given him.  I then tested"He is so wound up, if I let him go, he may reach the moon! I don't know if I can survive 24 more days of this type of excitement."

 To which my brother-in-law replied, "Jennifer, you say that every year." So, I am trying hard to offer it up, practice patience , and exercise gentleness as my boy continues to get more excited, which almost seems humanly impossible.  Below is a picture of him doing the "Charlie Brown Christmas Running Happy Happy Dance " Yup, he's REAL excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment