Thursday, January 21, 2016

{p, h, f, r} The New House Edition

I have been wanting to post pictures for awhile, but it just hasn't happened.  Over the weekend, we finally got the house blessed and I took the opportunity to snap some shots as we walked through the house.  I am linking up with Auntie Leila.


pretty
 I really like my pretty bedroom that is now no longer the overflow storage room of the house.  In our old house, there was no storage so if there was anything that needed to be kept out of the way or away form little fingers, it got piled in our room.  Auntie Leila always encourages ladies to keep a pretty room, and that I am doing.  I especially like the pretty quilt that my grandmother had bought for my mother who never got to use it.  I think they would smile seeing it in this beautiful room.  





I am trying to figure out what color curtains I want for this room.  My mother in law purchased the ones up now just to cover the windows until I decide.  She picked them up dirt cheap at the Christmas Tree shop.  What do you think?  Green? White? Off white?  Taupe?  Another color?  I just can't seem to find the right fit.


happy





We were very happy that Father J could come bless the house and spend a Sunday afternoon with us.  I set the table for coffee, tea, and apple cake fresh from the farm.  Some little person was very excited to have Father over, and a little impatient for that cake.  Can you tell?

funny








Well, Hubby and the rest of the family find it funny that I like my 1950's bathroom so much.  My favorite color has always been pink and this reminds me so much of my grandmother's pink bathroom.  When we first moved in, we had some major plumbing issues to contend with, including the leaking fixtures in the bathroom.  The plumber suggested I replace the whole shower unit because, "after all this work, you'll still have a pink tub!"

I told him leave my pink tub alone. I like my pink tub!

real







Hubby requested the workshop be blessed since Buddy does some crazy projects in there, hence everyone just out of frame.

This is our family room/playroom/classroom.  It has been a Godsend.    It is still very much a work in progress.  We had to replace the flooring and all the trim. The trim still needs to be reinstalled.  Then we have to replace the ceiling tiles.  Once the trim is up, we can arrange our bookcases and unpack our 40+ boxes of books.  However, just for some REAL perspective, if you moved our 1950's bathroom downstairs and attached it to this room, it would be the same size as out entire old house.  What a difference it is in a larger home!

 



There are parts of the house that I didn't include in this mini-tour.  I left out the children's bedrooms for their privacy.  There are also those parts that are a little too real, if you know what I mean, to broadcast across the world wide web.  The two areas above, I posted to get some feedback.  The first  is the stairway down to the family room.  Before we moved in, we pulled up from the stairs a very old, very dirty carpeting that was full of all kinds of nastiness.  I'm not inclined to replace it with carpeting because there are no electrical outlets that would allow easy and thorough vacuuming of the stairs--hence why they were probably so dirty. However, with the amount of foot traffic the stairs receive, I don't see paint holding up well.  Any suggestions or ideas?

The second photo is our future mud area.  Once the door is replaced (It is covered with a curtain because Buddy knocking and glass don't mix, so you really don't want to see our little patch job.) with a door that has a keyed lock, it will become the main entrance for the children and I since it is just off the car port where I park.  It will help keep their shoes and belongings out of the living room--along with the mud and snow!  The gate leads to downstairs.  I am not sure if I want to keep it.  I'm trying to decide on a color to paint it that will brighten the area up but stand up to muddy shoes and children continually passing through.  I'm all ears!



















2 comments: