Friday, March 11, 2016

{p, h, f, r}- The Spring has Sprung Edition

I'm a little late getting this up but, i wanted to do a little Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real....so, I'm linking up with Rosie.

pretty
 I won this beautiful print from Audrey Eclectic.  I have a special place in my heart for St Elizabeth of Hungry, my daughter, Ashley, had been due on the her feast.  I think that she was supposed to be an Elizabeth.  I sometimes get calls or mails for an Elizabeth and I feel like that is God's way of letting me know she's in good hands, even if she never reached my arms.  Thank you, Heather, for the very, pretty prize!

happy
 So, this may not look like much, but it makes me happy.  This is the site of my future garden.  The rototiller comes next week, I just need to get some fencing.  We have so many deer through our yard every day, a fence is of greatest importance, lest I invest a whole lot of effort into building a deer buffet.  To give you an idea of scale, and just why I am so happy, from where I am standing to the pine tree (straight ahead) there is an area twice the size of our old home!  And the sun!  We have so much sun at the new home.  No more living in the woods, thank you very much.  I always wanted to live in the woods, until I did.  Growing up, we didn't have any trees in my neighborhood because we were built a a section of dairy farm, so I always had a fascination with trees. Grass is always greener and all that!  I'll post garden pictures once there is more progress to look at--I'm just happy, happy, happy!

funny
  Little Man would not wear shoes, I mean anything that had any hint of a sole.  I had beautiful moccasins made for him over and over, but there were times when moccasins weren't very convenient and I wondered what we would do about winter.  Then we happened to be walking through a store in late Fall and he found these shoes.  He took them off the shelf, put them on his feet, and never looked back.  They were his "Hike-Hike" shoes and he was so attached to them that he actually had to keep them next to his bed when he slept.  Well, the "Hike-Hike" shoes have seen a lot of action and have been extremely well loved.  They are completely worn through in spots and the sole was starting to crack.  I didn't know if Little Man would be willing to give them up.  However, once he saw his new light up Spiderman sneakers, he was smitten.  I had to sneak these into the trash when he was asleep, but snapped a photo first.  I am going to miss these little "Hike-Hike" boots.  My baby is growing too quickly!

real
  Now, I realize that I may have bitten off more than I can chew as far a Lenten study.  I keep falling a bit behind, but I am so glad that I have.  This study is REAL-ly good.  If you read no other book this year, pick up this new one from Father Gaitley.  He will be leading a consecration on Divine Mercy Sunday broadcasted on EWTN at 12 noon EST.  This study is just what I need to sooth the feeling that I'm not doing anything great enough, nor big enough--as long as I am doing God's Will and striving to serve Him better each day, I'm doing enough.

How is your week going?  Do you garden?  Have you gotten out in the dirt yet?  
Thanks for stopping by. God bless! 

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a great spot for a garden. The fence is a must. Back home in KY, the deer will ravage a garden. Many people have very high chain link fences around their gardens. Not very pretty but necessary.

    I only garden in pots for decoration, though I do have a mint patch. Just today my baby got his first taste of being outdoors for real, rather than in a stroller or bjorn. We sat on a quilt and he enjoyed it so. He's not crawling yet, so we just sat and played and looked around.

    I love the story about your little one's hike-hike shoes. That is precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny,
      Thanks for stopping by. Gardening in containers is still gardening. I have to say that the one thing I have never been able to grow is mint even though everyone else can't control theirs. I don't know what I am doing wrong, and am really hoping to change that. I miss fresh mint in the yard for tea and cooking. My mom had quite a big patch that had a mind of its own.

      When I was typing this post, Little Man came up and said, "My shoes! My shoes, right there." So far he hasn't tried to find them. I am hoping he doesn't ask, it hurt a bit to throw them out but they were so far gone.

      Enjoy your little one outside. Not crawling is a great place to be!
      :)

      God bless!

      Delete
  2. So, you won the print! I love St. Elizabeth of Hungary! A couple of years ago I bought a Woodland Madonna painting from Heather - I loved the reds in it, and I put it up at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I am so excited that I win. I have admired her work for awhile now. I'm trying to decide where to hang it. I'm contemplating my kitchen because the blue sky is almost the same color as my kitchen walls. Plus, where do I spend the most time? The kitchen!

      Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

      Delete
    2. Lisa,
      I am so excited that I win. I have admired her work for awhile now. I'm trying to decide where to hang it. I'm contemplating my kitchen because the blue sky is almost the same color as my kitchen walls. Plus, where do I spend the most time? The kitchen!

      Thanks for stopping by. God bless.

      Delete